What is President's Cup?
President's Cup was designed to create a mid-level competition for those looking to play against teams of similar abilities for a National Championship Title.
General Information & Eligibility #
The National Presidents Cup competitions shall be open to any team whose players are registered with US Youth Soccer through a State Association if the team is in compliance with ALL of the following requirements:
- The team must be comprised of properly registered and rostered youth players (as defined by US Youth Soccer).
- The team must be in good standing with its State Association and must be in compliance with, and has not violated any of the bylaws and policies of US Youth Soccer.
- In State Associations where player registrations are 30,000 or larger, during the immediately preceding seasonal year, teams who participate in the round of 16 or one of the top 16 teams in a State Cup or State Championships competitions, or participated in the National League or the most competitive division of the respective regional league, are NOT eligible to participate in the National Presidents Cup. - REV 12/14/2013
- In State Associations where player registration totals less than 30,000, during the immediately preceding seasonal year, each State Association may designate any team as their representative to the regional level of the National Presidents Cup.
Region I will post on their website a banner/notice advertising the Region I Presidents Cup Competition. It will advise that teams wanting to enter their State Association's Presidents Cup must go to their State Association website to download their application entry form. Each State Association will set their own application fee for their teams.
All applications will be sent to the appropriate State Association for review, approval and/or disapproval. It will be the responsibility of each State Association to notify the Region I Presidents Cup chair of their selection.
Forms & Downloads #
The following age groups are available for the President's Cup
- U-12 Boys and Girls (8v8 ONLY)
- U-13 Boys and Girls
- U-14 Boys and Girls
- U-15 Boys and Girls
- U-16 Boys and Girls
- U-17 Boys and Girls
On States that dual roster players, players are allowed to play on the President's Cup team and US Youth Soccer National Championships team, if the team playing in President's Cup declares for the President's Cup and not for the US Youth Soccer National Championships team.
Each club will provide a President's Cup roster with no more than fourteen (14) players on the U12 (8v8) age group. The U-13 through U-17 age group roster may have a maximum of twenty-two (22) players on their team roster and a maximum of eighteen (18) players on each game roster. State Associations must supply a roster reflecting the players registered for the State level event which the President's Cup Committee can use to determine compliance with the following:
- Roster will have a continuity that includes at least 65% plus 1 of the players who participated in the Regional Qualifiers for Presidents Cup. No player added to a team after the Regional competition is completed shall be rostered on a US Youth Soccer National Championships team.
- Rosters MUST be legible and signed by the State Association Registrar
- Players MUST be listed in alphabetical order, last name first.
- Jersey Numbers MUST be listed on roster.
- All players will have a uniquely numbered jersey that matches the roster.
- No team shall be allowed more than the 14/22 players on its roster (as defined above).
- Team bench personal [maximum of four(4) people] will have AND display on their person in a fashion that is easy to see on the lanyard provided the identification passes provided by US Youth Soccer President's Cup
Player/Coach Passes: Each player and team official listed on a team roster must carry the US Youth Soccer member pass with a current photograph of the player or team official and the appropriate official of the State Association and laminated prior to check-in.
NO PLAYER/COACHES PASS, NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTION
A State Association may withdraw any of its team from the Region I President's Cup without penalty up to 31 days prior to the start of play: however the entry fee will not be refunded. Any State Association that withdraws team(s) from the Presidents Cup less than 31 days prior to the start of play will be subjected to a fine of $ 1500.00 per team. In addition, any State Association that withdraws team(s) less than 5 days prior to the start of the event will be subject to an additional $ 1500.00 per team. These fines are to be made payable to Region I and MUST be submitted to the Region I office within thirty (30) days upon completion of the Region I Presidents Cup competition. Any State Association that is unable to send its Champion team has the option to send its runner-up team.
Any unreasonable forfeits, determined by the Region I Presidents Cup Committee, will be subject to a fine of $ 500.00 per game forfeited and will not advance to the next round of competition.
Any State Association that does not pay the fine(s) will considered not in good standing and its teams will not be permitted to play in any future Region I Presidents Cup competition until the fine(s) are paid.
The State Association will be responsible for collection of any fine(s) from the team that withdraws or forfeits any games in the Region I Presidents Cup
|Jan 6, 2014||Deadline Date for Entry Form & Fees|
|May 5, 2014||Deadline Date for NSA Approved Rosters|
|May 5, 2014||Deadline Date for NSA Sit-Out Verification Form|
|May 14, 2014||SCHEDULES RELEASED|
|May 23, 2014||Mandatory Team Registration |
|May 24, 2014||Preliminary Games|
|May 25, 2014||Preliminary & Semi-Final Matches|
|May 26, 2014||Final Matches|
|July 9-13, 2014||US Youth Soccer President's Cup National Finals (Greenville, SC)|Local Area Info & Logistics#
Pittsburg Marriott North
100 Cranberry Woods Drive
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
- Slippery Rock University - (1 Morrow Way, Slippery Rock, PA 16057)
- Age Groups: U12SS, U15, U16 and U17
- Graham Park/Kicks Sportsplex (260 Graham Park Drive, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066)
- Age Groups: U13 and U14
- North Boundary Park (450 North Boundary Park Drive, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066)
- Age Groups: None as of this time